As a part of our commitment to keep your data secure and protected, we just announced HPE Cloud Bank Storage. Cloud Bank Storage enables StoreOnce customers to leverage low-cost external object storage (on-premises or in the cloud) for long-term retention of backup copies.
• Combines StoreOnce deduplication efficiency with object storage (cloud or on-premises) to drive down the cost of long term backup data retention.
• RMC Express Restore support for Cloud Bank Storage* allows you to save on data egress charges typically charged by cloud service providers by moving less data out from the cloud tier for recovery.
• Optimizes use of bandwidth when sending copies to cloud based storage.
• Choice of multiple vendors (cloud and on-premises) object storage including AWS S3, Azure Blob storage (Hot and Cool Tiers) and others with no vendor lock-in
• Broad-ecosystem of supported ISVs (Veritas NBU, Backup Exec, Data Protector, BridgeHead Software), StoreOnce Catalyst Application plug-ins (Oracle RMAN, MSFT SQL and SAP HANA) and RMC
• Single management point for copy control utilizing the existing backup application
• In case of a failure, users can restore Cloud Bank Storage to an alternate local or cloud-based (low cost, flexible) StoreOnce System to execute the disaster recovery.
• Cloud Bank Storage can store up to 2x the maximum configurable capacity of the StoreOnce System. In conjunction with the largest StoreOnce System, you can protect up to 68PB of data in the object storage platform (on premises or in the cloud) of your choice.
Cloud Bank Storage is an ideal solution when you are looking for:
• Benefits of object storage without changing your existing backup application environment
• Low cost of object storage for long-term retention of backup data which has to be kept available for regulatory or business requirements
• Protection of offsite backup data copies but do not want to invest in an owned off-site location
• Cloud-based disaster recovery but without the high costs associated with the transfer of large amounts of data to the cloud